Sump Pump Repair in Sarasota
Protect Your Home from Water Damage & Flooding
A sump pump is an essential part of any home. Sump pumps help to keep your basement and foundation free from flooding, therefore reducing the risk of structural damage caused by excessive standing water. A flooded basement can be a nightmare—even just an inch of water can result in major damage. A properly functioning sump pump can give you greater peace of mind. At Bill The Plumber, we can make sure that your sump pump is working correctly. We offer reliable sump pump repair in Sarasota and throughout the nearby areas, along with new system installation and replacement.
Call us today at (941) 845-6711 to learn more about our sump pump services! We offer upfront pricing for all our plumbing services!
How to Check Your Sump Pump
In order to determine if you need repairs or replacement of your sump pump, you must first be able to tell if it’s working properly or seems to be malfunctioning. Luckily, checking your sump pump is a fairly simple process.
Test your sump pump by doing the following:
- Locate the pump (usually in the basement, mechanical room, or similar area).
- Unplug and plug the sump pump back in. Check to make sure the system is running.
- Pour a small amount of water into the sump pit. The pump should turn on automatically.
- The sump pump should remove all of the water from the pit and turn itself off.
- Pour any remaining water into the pit to make sure the pump turns on again.
If the pump does not turn on, turn off, remove all of the water, or turn on a second time, you should have it repaired or replaced. An improperly working sump pump leaves your home vulnerable to flooding and water damage when the next downpour occurs.
Signs Your Sump Pump Needs Maintenance
The sump pump in a home is designed to move remove excess water. If a sump pump is not working correctly, then water can back up into a home and cause damage or health issues. There are a few signs that will tell a homeowner their sump pump requires a bit of maintenance.
- Water: Signs of water in a basement are an indication that something is not right. The sump pump will keep excess water out of a basement. If there is any water back up in the house, then the sump pump may have a problem. Common issues with a sump pump include a broker impeller or damage to the pump motor. A sump pump may also have a hose that is clogged. A plumber needs to examine the sump pump to see if a repair or replacement is needed. The device may only require simple maintenance to clear up an issue and restore the unit to working order.
- Odor: The smell of a foul odor in a basement may be due to hidden water. Water that sits in a basement is typically the cause of a mildew or moldy smell. One cause of this odor is from a bad seal on the sump pump or a clog in a hose that is preventing the proper draining of water. These are issues that a plumber needs to address. Water that leaks in a basement can lead to mold growth and heath issues. A plumber will check the pump pump for any issues that need to be addressed.
- Noise: A sump pump is a mechanical device and does make a little noise when it is running. However, if there is a noise that can be heard when a basement door is closed, then a problem may exist. A jam in the unit or the pump motor may not be running correctly. Service of the unit is the only way to tell if there is an issue that will require a repair.
Periodic maintenance of a sump pump is required to ensure the device is running normally. Simple issues will need to be addressed before a larger problem occurs.
Call on Bill The Plumber for All Your Sump Pump Needs!
At Bill The Plumber, we have more than 60 years of experience in the industry. Our expertly-trained technicians are capable of handling an array of plumbing services, including comprehensive sump pump repair and replacement. If you’re not sure if your system needs repairs or replacing, we’ll gladly test your sump pump for you. We stand behind all our work with a one-year guarantee and proudly offer upfront pricing for all our customers, no matter how big the job. Our friendly and professional Sarasota plumbers treat you and your property with respect, wearing shoe and clothing coverings to keep your home clean.
Need sump pump repair in Sarasota? Call Bill The Plumber or contact us online for comprehensive plumbing service!
Plumbing emergencies can happen without warning but we are here for you after-hours!Call Now To Request Immediate Assistance
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We take pride in our work and stand behind every job we complete. We leave when the job is done—and done right!
We are involved in our community and love giving back. We care about our community and the people in it.
We Put Our Customers First
We always treat your property with respect and never leave a mess behind.
Experience You Can Trust
Our company has proudly been serving the community for nearly 40 years.
Great Phone Fix- Steve M
Responsive, Efficient and Trustworthy- Joy Darlene Sparks
Matt was prompt, courteous, nice to my dog, and fixed the problem fast!- Robin
Bobby was the best!- Linda L
“So thankful for Bobby!”- Gwen B.