Grab Your Sarasota Whole House Filter Coupon Below!
A whole-house water filter system provides clean water for the whole house instead of just one area like the kitchen. The water purification system becomes is installed at the home’s point of entry for the water, thus producing filtered water for drinking, cooking, washing clothes and dishes and bathing for the entire home.
A whole-house water filter system generally uses a four-step process:
This is the first step where water entering the home is put through a pre-filter to remove larger particulates (about 5 microns), impurities, and contaminants. This step prevents clogging so the rest of the steps can do their part.
The filtered water from the first step is then put through a process to remove any chlorine and other contaminants, thus making the water look and taste better. Chorine may be needed to neutralized biological impurities, but the smell and taste can make your drinking water unpleasant when you draw it from the tap.
This step helps to eliminate the rest of the impurities that were missed through the first two steps. This process will also improve the taste of your water. The EPA recommends an activated-charcoal water filtration system to give you further protection from any additional contaminants.
This final step is to flush away remaining contaminants that have been removed from the incoming water in the previous three steps. Using systems that include reverse osmosis will produce the most waste, systems using UV light and activated charcoal will produce less waster.
Here a quick summary of the benefits of a whole house filtration system:
- Filters out a high percentage of health-damaging chlorine where it enters your house so that you and your family can enjoy safe, clean water for drinking, bathing, and washing your dishes and clothes. In addition, you’ll won’t have to breath chlorine vapors and chloroform gas.
- DBPs are reduced. DBPs (disinfection by-products) results when chlorine interacts with organic matter found in your water, disinfection byproducts (DBPs) form. And these DBPs are far more toxic than the chlorine itself. In fact, DBPs are responsible for the vast majority of the toxic effects of chlorinated water
- VOCs are reduced by filtering (with a carbon filter) out the majority of chlorine from the point where your water enters your home, thus reducing hormones, drug residues, pesticides, and herbicides that may be present in your water.
- Effectively filters out bad taste and odors that may be present due to your local water supplies mineral and organic content.
- Enhances pH balance in your water – Helps contribute to softer hair and skin to avoid excessive dryness.
- Protects your indoor air from chlorine vapors and chloroform gas
- Goes beyond your shower and kitchen faucet by filtering water at the point where it enters your house… dishwashers, refrigerators, washing machines, bathtubs, and toilets all will use clean, safe water.
Bill The Plumber has an excellent selection of whole-house water filter systems to fit your budget. Be sure to print the Sarasota whole house filter coupon. By working with a professional water filtration expert, your whole house filtration system will be installed quickly and properly to begin providing top-quality water filtration for your home for many years to come.
Have a Plumbing problem or need the services of a professional Sarasota Contractor you can count on? Contact Bill The Plumber today at (941) 924-8418.